21 May, 2014

Backup - Marlin Configuration.h & Slic3r Settings

I've spent days configuring and calibrating the printer to print with ABS and I'm very happy with the print quality. I have a spool with Blue PLA lying around that I want to try next. For that I'm going to install the Panelolu2 display and I need to make changes to my Marlin firmware. As I don't want to mess up anything i'm going to take a backup of my Marlin firmware and Slic3r configuration and share it here with you.

Marlin Configuration.h

for a Prusa i3 (without Panelolu2 upgrade)

Slic3er settings for ABS

I'm only listing the relevant settings that are not 'defaults' in Slic3r. To access all these settings you need to switch from Simple to Expert mode in your Slic3r preferences.

Print Settings

  • Layers & Perimeters
    • Layer Height: 2mm
    • Perimeters: 3
  • Speed
    • Bridges: 30 mm/s

Filament Settings

  • Diameter: 3mm
  • Extrusion multiplier: 1
  • Temperature:
    • Extruder
      • First Layer: 245°C
      • Other Layers: 240°C
    • Bed:
      • First Layer: 110°C
      • Other Layers: 100°C
That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment