02 April, 2014

Printed Marvin for a review on 3dhubs.com

I've listed my printer on 3dHubs.com so people can pay me to print items for them.
To get a first review you are asked to print 'a Marvin keychain'. I'm not very happy with the result so I'll first do more calibrating and then give Marvin another go soon.

Check my 3d Print Hub here!



Object: Marvin - 20140205_Marvin_KeyChain.STL
Hotend: 245°C 1st layer, then 240°C
Heatbed: 110°C
Material: 3mm ABS
Layer height: 0.2mm
Wall thickness: 0.4mm
Infill: 25%

2 comments:

  1. did you solve the marvin top head issue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to get better prints (but am not updating the blog anymore).
      The workaround is to place the object on the bed two or more times with some distance(couple of cm) in between.
      For each layer, the the nozzle then needs to travel back and forth between each instance giving the layer some time to cool down.
      You could also set a minimum-time-per layer setting but then you might have issues with material oozing out of the nozzle etc.
      Succes!

      Delete