05 March, 2014

Uploading new Marlin firmware & fried electronics

I'm pretty sure I fried the ATmega 1284P-PU Microprocessor on the Sanguinololu board and went ahead and ordered a new one from Richard at RepRapUniverse.com. A stupid mistake that will hopefully only cost me about 15€ and some extra days before actually printing something...



In the meanwhile I fiddled with uploading new Marlin firmware configurations. I'll need to do this a couple of times while calibrating the different axis stepper motors so I thought I'd give it a try (also my Z-axis is inverted and I don't know if I need to flip my wiring or change the INVERT_Z_DIR parameter in the Configuration.h file).

At first I could not connect the Arduino IDE to my Sanguinololu because the maximum standard baud rate in Arduino is 115200 baud. After some hex value editing in the windows registry I was able to connect the Sanguinololu to the Arduino IDE at 250000 baud, the current rate configured in my Sanguinololu. (Thanks to this post from Conseils on his NorthernHope blog!)

Now I can send G-code via the Arduino IDE and flash new Marlin firmware via the Arduino IDE.
That makes me happy.

Flashed my first new Marlin Firmware configuration

No comments:

Post a Comment