03 March, 2014

Wiring done + Stepsticks driver current set + Extruder tested + Fried the Sanguinololu?

Wiring done for all three axis and the extruder stepper motors. Also the connections to both thermistors and the extruder heater and heatbed are ok. Still need to connect the fans to the ATX power source. (I connected the extruder fan to a free header on the Sanguinololu but I read this is a bad idea)

Setting the Vref to match my stepper-motor-driver configuration. My calculations don't match my measurements (calculated 2.24Volts and measured max 0.74Volts so my sense resistor value must be way off). But hey, the motors are working fine after some manual tweaking while listening to the motors' sound. I'll check what went wrong with the calculations later to fine tune the driver current...

This video shows the X & Z axis move during a test with Pronterface (the Z-axis moves really slow, this is normal).


Another milestone in the building process: To test the extruder I heated up the hotend gradually to 290°C and meanwhile extruded some blue PLA using Pronterface.


Open issues that need to be looked at:

Z-axis & Extruder inversion
The Z axis goes UP while going to the home position in Pronterface. Also the exdruder retracts while it's supposed to extrude and vice versa. So I need to reverse my stepper wiring from ABCD to DCBA or change the inversion setting in Configuration.h in the Marlin firmware and upload it to the Sanguinololu again.

Whoooops, I think I might have fried the Sanguinololu board :/
While fine tuning the driver current for the Y-axis i made a short circuit with my multimeter. Now my Y-axis won't move properly. Just when everything was going so good. Stupid me! 





No comments:

Post a Comment